Tuesday, June 30, 2009

JAY Ho..... Signer

once i listen the song the in hindi,my mother tongue is tamil.so that i could not listen the lyrics even then i just surf and find the tamil lyrics and i can get the lyrics and so far. then i got the tamil songs i relly amazing with song. i can get through the tamil songs.
Jai Ho's Slumdog Millionaire is the first Hindi song to win an Oscar, and the whole world is praising their composer AR Rahman, and his singer Sukhwinder Singh Lyricist Gulzar

But not many know that there are three other singers, who share credit too - Mahalakshmi Iyer, Vijay Prakash Tanvi Shah and the other three that were presented at Jai Ho.

Born and educated in Mumbai, Iyer has been a playback singer since 1998. First worked with Rahman in Dil Se, and then Ek Ajnabee [Images]. He also sang in Tamil films like Alay Payuthe, Kandukondein Kandukondein and Jodie.

She remembers the day he was asked to sing with the delights of Jai Ho. "We were shooting a TV series, Music Ustad Rahman who is a judge. After the shooting, he invited me to sing a few lines. I accompanied him to Nirvana studio in Mumbai. We arrived there after midnight and recorded about a hours. We finished the song the same night. The next morning, I continued to shoot for the TV series, "he says.

As for Vijay Prakash, must be thanking their lucky stars the day he left the engineering college to try his hand at music.

Born and raised in Mysore, Vijay studied electronics and computers before yielding to his passion for music. It was formed in carnatic music and has Compere Sa Re Ga Ma Pa on Zee Kannada.

Vijay came to Mumbai to try her luck in movies. His first song was for Baas star Karisma Kapoor in 2002. His first song was Rahman Ashutosh Gowariker in Swades and later in Yuvvraaj Subhash Ghai. He has also sung in several Tamil movies.

It has a small part of Jai Ho - he only sings the high notes in Jai Ho. "It was pure luck that I have the chance to sing a song that won an Oscar," he says.

The third is the singer in Ho Jai Tanvi Shah, a Gujarati, who has sung in Arabic, Latin and his banda Afrocuba Zahrra in Chennai.

"I have a number of songs for Rahman Jillunu in Oru Kadhal, Slumdog Millionaire and Delhi 6," said rediff.com in a telephone conversation from the U.S.. "I have also worked with Yuvan Shankar Raja, Srikanth Deva, Premji Amaren music and other directors. I started my career with a master's degree in ceramics and then did a season as a graphic designer for the World Bank in the U.S.."

However, he pointed out to the music of Bollywood. "I've been singing for about five to six years," he says. "I met Mr. Rahman received a call to sing Fana [Images] for Mani Ratnam's Yuva. I thought it was a dream and had to keep pinching me."

Jai Ho asked to describe their experience, and she responds: "It's just another day at work when I called for the study. I had no idea what I sing. So I went and heard the track. Mr Rahman keeps saying," Go sing out loud, thinking outside the box and enjoy the song. "I was worried because I had to live up to Sukhwinderji, which has a powerful voice. I just hope I did," he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment